CSH-8L Full-Circle Colour Scanning Sonar
A compact, medium frequency sonar with revolutionary discrimination between bottom fish and Seabed.
- Full-circle scanning sonar detects and instantaneously displays fish schools and underwater conditions
- Vivid 16-color display assists in recognition of bottom structure, and concentration and distribution of fish schools
- Various fishing and navigation data* keep operator abreast of fishing and navigation conditions *appropriate sensors required
- Four user-programmable function keys for quick set up according to fishing conditions or specific function
The control unit of CSH-8L MARK-2 combines ergonomics and functions in a user-friendly manner. All controls quickly respond to the operator’s command and the associated reaction can be seen on the screen immediately. Four user-defined functions can be assigned to Function keys (F1 to F4), providing for rapid setup and operation.
- High power transmitter ensures reliable operation under any conditions
- Transducer frequency : 85 kHz
What is Scanning Sonar?
The transducer of a scanning sonar consists of many elements to transmit the echo in all directions simultaneously without rotating the transducer. The echo is redrawn on the display instantaneously according to the latest feedback from the transducer. Because this sonar scans quickly, it greatly improves the fishing operation, especially when searching for/following fast swimming fish.
Extremely Quick Scanning Speed
The CSH-5L MARK-2 completes a scan within 0.54 seconds/scan while the conventional PPI sonar*1 takes 32 seconds to train full circle under the same range/conditions*2.
About 60 times more information is provided compared to a PPI sonar.
Fast scanning lessens the chance of missing a small change in underwater conditions. This is especially helpful when range and tilt require frequent adjustment while fishing, offering no frustration on redrawing time.
*1 CH-250 PPI sonar, training at 6° steps.
*2 Based on 400 m range in combination display mode.
No Blind Area
Scanning Sonar shows the actual situation 360 degrees around the vessel, and gives all the necessary information as needed. No more blind areas to consider, allowing the operator to concentrate on the tilt, range, fishing area, etc.
- Display Size: Black Box
- Display Type: Black Box
- Frequency: 85 kHz
- Power Usage: 100-115-120-220-230 VAC
- Range: 1600 m